Effective as from 1 August 2013
mergers.lv may contain links to other sites and we are not responsible for the privacy practices or content of such other sites. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our site and to read the privacy statements of each and every web site that collects Personally Identifiable Information (“PII”).
Collection of Information
When registering, commenting, or signing up for news, you may provide mergers.lv with personal information, including but not limited to:
- Personal contact information (name, e-mail address, phone numbers)
- User names (including social media user names)
- Correspondence with mergers.lv staff
- Billing Information (for paid products)
You are not required to provide mergers.lv with any personal information in order to use the Site. All information that is collected is not distributed outside of the Site unless required by law. Automatically collected information is collected anonymously through the use of tracking technology using third-party cookies, web beacons, and other similar methods. No Personally Identifiable Information (PII) is collected through this methodology. This information may include, but is not limited to:
- Hardware/software information (geographic location, IP address, browser type, device type, operating system, bandwidth, etc.)
- Analytics information (time spent on site, number of pages viewed, referring web page, browsing information, etc.)
- Advertising information (type of ads seen, number of times ads were served, pages where the ads were served)
- Information collected through HTML cookies, web beacons, and similar technologies.
Use of Information
mergers.lv may use the information that you submit to send you email communications, such as newsletters, breaking news, information about the Site, alerts, and promotional messages from advertising partners.
mergers.lv uses the information collected through third-party sources to learn and analyze how the Site is used. We use this information to enhance the Site by making improvements based on the data collected.
At times third-party information may be used to deliver targeted ads to you, your location, and your interests. We also may use Third-Party Ad Platforms (such as Google AdSense) to deliver ads on our site. No PII is exchanged with any type of advertising message on mergers.lv.
Sharing of Information
There are very few specific circumstances when your information is shared outside of the mergers.lv, including but not limited to:
- If you post comments on mergers.lv, the information you submit (including your social media user name, etc) is viewable to the public.
- mergers.lv may need to disclose personal information to comply with a judicial proceeding, a court order, or any other legal process.
We may employ third-party services to distribute email news alerts and these third-parties will have access to specific information only for the purposes of fulfilling contracts on our behalf.
In the event mergers.lv goes through a business transition, such as a merger, acquisition by another company, or sale of a portion of its assets, users' personal information will, in most instances, be part of the assets transferred.
mergers.lv does not allow any third-party company to use your email address for commercial purposes without your expressed permission. From time to time we may send you news alerts, partner sponsorship messages and/or any other emails you may have requested to receive. If you would like to opt-out of any specific news alerts or mailings, please send a request to email@example.com.
mergers.lv uses all reasonable means to safeguard data against unauthorized use and theft.
Changes to this Policy